Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Country Bobs and Relevant Conference

Ever heard of Country Bobs All-Purpose Sauce
I had not heard of it until about a month ago.  And, what a sad thing that was...
I've tried tons of different sauces - I'm a dipping kind of girl.  I've always liked having something to dip my food in...  In fact, when I was in college, my friends and I would "spice" up our college diet, by dipping crackers in different sauces.  Strange, yes. But, we were in college.  Does anything normal actually happen during those years?
Anyway.  Back to County Bobs.  So, I heard about it a month or so ago, and was excited to find it and to try some. But, the kind people at Country Bobs actually sent me some to try - Yipee!
When my husband brought me the box, I couldn't wait to try it.  The problem?  We were headed to a BBQ restaurant instead of having dinner at home.  So, I just threw the Country Bobs in my bag and off we went.  When my food arrived, I pulled out my little bottle of Country Bobs and tried it.  
It was pretty amazing. 
My husband refused to try it (at that moment) because he was a little horrified that I would bring my own sauce into the restaurant. Thankfully, he didn't stay horrified and instead just laughed when I said that he might need to protect me from the restaurant police.  Humor is always a good thing.
Needless to say, I did not get into trouble from the restaurant and I now have a favorite sauce!  I'm looking forward to trying it on something that we actually cook at home.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'll even have a giveaway - then you can try some of this fabulous sauce for yourself.  And, even take it into a restaurant, if you so desire!  If you want to know more about Country Bobs right now - visit their Blog!  
Now, I bet you are wondering how I even found out about Country Bobs.  Well, I've love to tell you!
There is a blogging conference coming up this fall - The Relevant Conference.  Country Bobs is one of their sponsors.  I am hoping to be one of their attendees.  I made hotel reservations.  I'm hoping to get a ticket and somehow I'll find money for airfare.  I know that if it is suppose to work out, it will.  So, I'm praying about it and I'm happy knowing that if I need to be there, He will make it happen.  
I'm new to this blogging thing.  I've never been to a blogging conference.  Are you wondering why I would want to go? Well, I think that their mission statement explains it the best: 


"The Relevant Conference exists to offer a place of face to face interaction with Christian women bloggers who want to be relevant in the larger blog and social media world.  Our goal is to go beyond the surface into intentional blogging and real life living.  We support women turning their hearts toward home and using their blogs to bless their families while engaging the world for the glory of God. Relevant is a one-of-a-kind conference that seeks to engage women by teaching blogging techniques and social medial skill while also encouraging women to live fully integrated lives with their faith and family."
A place that will encourage me, teach me how to be a better blogger, unite me with other Christian women bloggers from all over and allow me to hear from some amazing women? Sign me up.
In case you didn't catch that last part, there are some ladies speaking who I really, really, really want to hear.  
Ladies whose blogs that have made me smile, made me think, helped me to be a better Mum, a better wife and have brought me closer to my Heavenly father.  I found out about the conference from one of my favorites, A Holy Experience.  I've posted about Ann's blog before, but I don't think I could point you to her enough. 

So, bottom line.  I'm pretty excited about The Relevant Conference and I'm hoping to be able to attend!
I'm also now starving, thanks to remembering how much I loved my Country Bobs sauce...

No comments:

Post a Comment