Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thoughts from tonight

 I have a tendency to do too many things at once.  
This includes reading books.  
My husband has helped to encourage this crazy behavior with my anniversary present.
It was a very fabulous anniversary present.
From a very wonderful husband.
who is learning to deal with the fact that I do 14 million things at once.

I'm enjoying reading my books on my Kindle!  It is great because it allows me to take many different books with me on all of my many different travels.
Currently, I'm reading Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt.  I highly recommend you reading it.  And soon. 
I have a feeling that it is going to cause a radical change in our life.  We are still not exactly sure what God is going to do with us, but we know that He has HUGE things up ahead...  Interestingly enough, He doesn't send a ton of memos ahead of time telling us His plans.  So, we are learning to be patient and to listen.  We know that He is speaking - we just need to learn to hear Him.
I'm also reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.  I've read it before and now I am reading it again.  I'm excited to start a 6 week DVD study on this book with one of my best friends.  I can't begin to describe how much this book has helped me.  I love it and am so excited to learn even more the second time around.
Another marriage book that we are reading is Love and War by John and Stasi Eldridge.  I've read all of their other books and have learned from every one of them.  I am so thankful for Ransomed Heart Ministries and am so excited to finish this book!  When I am finished, I plan to write a post about the book.  If you haven't read anything from Ransomed Heart - put it on your to-do list now.  I found their ministry years ago, when I first read Captivating.  The following year, I was able to attend a Captivating retreat...it was life changing.  Although there were 300 other women at the camp with me, it was like a weekend on a mountain with just God.  What a great weekend it was...wonderful fellowship with other godly women and lots of time to talk and LISTEN to Him.  
Bottom line: Go read Captivating.  Today.

Ok, so that is the end of my rant on books.  
Evidently, unexpired albuterol doesn't make you shaky, but it does cause you to ramble.  
Thanks for your patience, as I learn (once again) how to be a good asthma patient.  

No comments:

Post a Comment