Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 10, 2009

999 to go...

G.K. Chesterton always has great quotes. One of my favorite Chesterton quotes goes very well with this blog:

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink."

I want to live such a life. To be thankful for every moment... Such an easy idea. Such a hard thing to actually do!

So, 6 months ago, while on bedrest, I ran across a blog that has stayed in my mind. A blog that challenged its readers to journal the things they are grateful for on a daily basis. 1000 things. She called them gifts. Probably because they are just that - gifts to an undeserving person from a loving God.

I thought "Great idea. Should probably do that. Maybe later" See, I was just soo busy while stuck on bedrest, that I guess I couldn't find the time to do it...Hmmm.
Well, it's 6 months later and I am still thinking about that blog.

Wonder what Jonah felt like when he tried to put off Ninevah...

Next thought "Yeah, it's about time to journal what I'm thankful for...the ocean (and its inhabitants) are only a hundred miles away"

So. here goes. Day one is supposed to be easy, right?



grateful for gus...






No comments:

Post a Comment