Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where have I been?

I have been home.

Playing with my baby, sleeping in my bed, eating my food, hollering at my dogs, cleaning my home, decorating my tree and watching my tv, driving my car and locking my front door.

I have not been in an airplane, rental car or hotel since last Friday.

And, it has been grand!

I am thankful for many, many things. I'm learning to be more conscious of my gratefulness, which is really fun!!

For tonight, I will list my blessings as I can remember.

Grateful for:
  • my new obsession with cloth diaper and wool diaper covers.  They are unbelievably amazing. (112)
  • the Little People Nativity set (113)
  • Christmas cards arriving in the mail (114)
  • baby legs - they keep my little man's legs so warm! (115)
  • the smell of my sheets in my home (116)
  • my kitchen (117)
  • chocolate chip cookies (118)
  • peppermint candles (119)
  • our bright blanket made by some sweet ladies - Brenda and Emily Ford.  Man, does he love that blanket (120)
  • knowing that God will help us find our little giraffe Sophie.  We've misplaced her, but I know that she is somewhere. (121)
  • knowing that if I don't find her, I can replace her fairly easily (122)
  • the fact that God provides us a warm and cozy place to live (123)
  • the fact that I only have to go to work 2 more times before the end of the year! (124)
  • My next night without my baby boy is not until after the first of NEXT year!!!!!!!! (125)
There are so many more things that I can't even remember at the moment.  I am so thankful for the idea to journal my blessings. If you want to read more from the very cool website where I found this idea - check out A Holy Experience.  I'm not great at remembering to blog every night, but I am noticing a shift in my daily thinking.  I'm learning, in every situation, to ask "In this, what I am grateful for?"  This shifting of thought is making a difference in me.  I'm learning to be grateful for parts of each day.  I'm learning to find things that are good, even in the icky and boring.

I'm learning to be grateful for being here.

now.  this instant.

not yesterday.  not tomorrow.  not in Tahiti.   

Here.  thankful for today.  thankful for right now.

Right this moment, I'm Thankful for a chunky little boy who is currently sleeping on my pillow.  I'm off to go snuggle with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment