Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful for....Options

This has been a roller coaster of a year.

It has been great.  It has been stressful.  It has been sad.

But, most of all - it has been amazing beyond belief.

I am thankful for a God who is full of surprises.

Today, I received an offer for a promotion at work.  The job would be really challenging and fun.  I'm thankful for a God who hears our prayers and answers - even if in a surprising way!

Long term -
I want to be home with my kiddo.  Playing with him.  Learning with him.  Worshiping with him.

Instead of being upset that we need money or that I have to work away from home, I am thankful for a God who provides.  The provision (for right now) is a job.  For me.

My new job would allow my husband to finish his degree while continuing to work at our church.
It would allow him to continue ministering to the hearts of those little kids in the after school program.  It would allow him to continue following God's direction for his life.

for our life.   

for our family.

I know that if I take this job, we will face conflicts.  It will be hard going to work full-time with my kiddo at home.  It will be hard for me to be working a few hours away.  It will be hard for us to listen to other people tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing.  I know that people will tell us we are doing the wrong thing.  That I should be home with my child full-time.  But, I know that I must follow what I feel God is telling me to do.  I must ignore the others and listen to HIM.

As the little guy grows up, I want to be his main (but not the only) educator, playmate and friend.
So, for right now, I will work outside the home.
I will help us get to a place where I am able to return back home full-time. 

And I am thankful for the option to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment