Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 25, 2010

Somedays...

Somedays, joy is not that easy to find. 

Sometimes, I choose to worry.  to be anxious.  to fret.  

Somedays, I am really good at worrying, at being anxious, at fretting.

Especially today.

I am worried about the move ahead of us.  Where will we live?  When will I see my husband and baby? When will I play with my son?

Last week, I went out of town for work on Tuesday and did not return until late last night.  

I had such fun playing with my baby all day.  (blessing 201)

We giggled, snuggled, crawled, sang, splashed and hugged. (blessing 202-207)

It was wonderful.

Tonight, after he went to sleep.  I packed.

Tomorrow, after he wakes and I get him dressed, I will leave on another trip for work.  I will miss my family.  

We have prayed about this job and move and we really feel that this is what we are to do right now, for this time.  But, I still worry.

Then, I find these words, once again...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (blessing 208)

So, I will purpose to do just that.

Tomorrow, when I am on my flight, sad to be leaving my family, I will give my requests to Him.  I know that he has our best interests at heart. (blessing 209)  He knows our future.  I do not.  Therefore, I can not make assumptions about what is in my future.  Instead, I will consciously give my thoughts to Him.  I will set an alarm on my phone to remind me - I tend to get busy and forget everything.

I don't want to forget.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19

He is my joy.  He is with me.  I will give my worries to Him and He will be my joy(blessing 210)


No comments:

Post a Comment