Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 18, 2010

blessings from today

Today, I wasn't feeling too well.  I've been fighting a cold and this morning it was winning.  So, I hit snooze about 10 times and once I finally woke up, I was obviously running late.  


Somehow, in 40 minutes, I was able to get ready and pump some food for the little one. 


When I got to work, I was soon introduced to one of the meanest people in retail.  She is a manager at the store where I am doing facials.  She was not kind.  She was not grateful.  She was not friendly.  She was not nice.  But, she was a blessing.


Why?


Because she QUICKLY brought me to the feet Jesus. (blessing 251) At first, I was very frustrated with her.  I mean seriously, I'm in her store, making her store money, and I am not costing her a dime.  Yet, she wanted to be rude.  My first thought was, ugh!  I wanted to complain and be mad.  I could feel my blood boiling. I tweeted something about mean people never being allowed to work in retail.  Yep, 15 minutes into my day, I was ready to leave.


But, I think I'm learning something from this gratitude listing thing.  Although my first thought was to be angry.  My second thought was to go to my Father.  To ask Him for help to remain calm.  To ask Him to give her peace.  To help her have a better day.  To help whatever is going on in her life to not get her down.  Before I knew it, I was praying for her and was no longer irritated.


The rest of the day moved along at a steady pace.  I ingested quite a bit of Tylenol Cold & Sinus. (blessing 252)  It saved me today.


My son is still teething and as my husband says "has a unending river of snot flowing from his nose" - My poor husband is soon going to lose his mind.  I fly home tomorrow night, so we will all be together again soon.  Evidently, today, the little one decided that he needed to have all of his daddy's attention.  This was not very conducive to my husband getting any work done.  Except, that is, the work of messaging me pictures with cute captions, (blessing 253) such as:  


Hello, my name is Mr. Grumpy Pants.  
My mum is at work and my dad should be playing with me. 
 Instead, he thinks I can be occupied with a few measly toys while he tries to get his work done.  
Silly, silly daddy.

Just a few other gifts from Him today:
  • fluffy snow that turned crunchy from the sun - I am familiar with crunchy snow, so it made me smile. (blessing 254)
  • godiva chocolate cheesecake. (blessing 255)
  • mandarin orange spark - without it, my eyelids might not open. (blessing 256)
  • Medela Symphony pump.  It is the bomb dot com of breastpumps.  (blessing 257)


No comments:

Post a Comment