Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My sister is moving

Tonight, it is finally hitting me.  My little sister is moving far away. 

Yes, I know that I have enough siblings to spare, but all 8 of them are special to me in their own way.  This specific sister is no different.  Except for the fact that she is moving.
She has a good reason.  She recently graduated from college and was commissioned into the United States Army.  I’m so proud of her.  Such a determined girl she is...
We never imagined that this would be her path.  
We never planned for this to be her path.  
If it were up to our family, we would make her stay here, in the great state of Texas, with us.  But, as I’ve said before, thankfully we serve an Amazing God who knows what is best for us.  He makes such better plans than we could ever think up.  Life goes much easier if we don’t fight, but instead follow.
And that is what she is going to do.
She is a tiny thing, girly in all ways.  The brothers find it amusing that she is a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army.  She just smiles and informs them that she is going to be the “Elle Woods” of the Army.  (For those of you who don’t know who Elle Woods is - go watch Legally Blonde.  Then, imagine her in the Army.  And you will have a fairly accurate view (minus the blonde hair) of my adorable sister)
She is going to do great things.  She is going to work hard and shine HIS light in a dark world.  And she’s excited to be able to do it.

I’m excited for her.  But, I’m so going to miss her terribly.  I’m going to miss her hanging out with my little boy.  I’m worried that he might not remember her.  I’m worried that she is going to be living all alone, far, far away.  
I’m going to stop worrying.  My Heavenly Father created her and He is watching out for her.  I’m so thankful that I can give my worries to Him and He will take them and exchange my worries for peace.  
I have 2 more weeks for her to reside in Texas.  Why waste it worrying?

I am thankful for these 2 weeks. (Blessing 233)  Thankful that she is still going to be in the US (at least for a while) (Blessing 234)  Thankful for her smile. (Blessing 235) Thankful that she loves my baby boy past the moon. (Blessing 236) Thankful that she loves the Lord more than I can explain.  (Blessing 237)

I'm going to choose to quit worrying and instead be glad that she is here for a little bit longer. 




1 comment:

  1. You must be so proud of her! We live in an air force town so I connected with your post. :) I love how you are counting your blessings! that is wonderful and refreshing. I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete