Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Age 1 = bumps and bruises?

No one explained to be that when my child turned one, he would instantly become more like his father and "lead with his head"

Since his brithday, 2 days ago, my poor little one has learned to get himself down from the couch (via a head-first route) and how to try and take pictures with my camera (via head-butting the lens)

How he made it 1 whole year without any brusies or bumps and then has proceeded to get 2 different ones within 2 days of being one - I will never know.

I do know that he is very hard headed.  Although the floor and camera lens both got in the way of his head, he only cried for about 10 seconds.  Then, he looked around and started crawling away - on to bigger and better things.

I'm so happy that he is so tough and reslient...especially since my tough and resilient flew out the window when the little one bumped his head.  This mum is not fond of sad little tears - even if they only last for 10 seconds.

The worst thing?  My dear husband has scars all over from "leading with his head" - he never allowed anything to get in his way - not barbed wire, concrete, bricks...you get the picture.  Seeing as how peach trees don't bear apples, I'm thinking that we are in for a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment