Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, August 1, 2010

a momentary gripe session

Somedays, I just want to move into a cave and become a hermit.
I'll take my husband and kiddo with me.
I just DON'T understand why people feel the need to tell me what God wants my husband and I to do. 
Maybe I misunderstood things.  But, I don't think so.  I'm pretty confident that MY Heavenly Father talks to me.  I understand that I need to listen.  And, I am trying really hard to do just that.  But, when all of these other people keep telling my husband and I what God really wants us to do, I get very frustrated.
I seriously believe they think that they have a little red phone with which to talk to God about my family.  Evidently, their lives are perfect, so they are on to perfecting ours.
Ugh.
Yes, I know that it would be absolutely awesome if my husband and I were in the same city and same house all of the time.  It would be great if I didn't have to travel for work.  Heck, it would be great if I didn't have to work.  In fact, I think it would be fantastic if the tree in the backyard would miraculously start hatching 1000 bills.  Then, we would be able to stay at home and do whatever it is that we are evidently not doing right now.
I understand that it would be best for me to be at home all of the time. But, I also understand that we have debt.  We are working hard to get rid of our debt.  So that I can stay home with our kids.  But, for right now, we work- outside the home.  And, we feel strongly that this is what we are called to do right now. This is possible thanks to my family being able to help with the little one.  They help becuase they want to - I've offered to find childcare, but for right now, my father, sister and brother are really enjoying spending time with the little one.  When the time comes that my family is not able to help, we will rethink our plans.  But, for now, we are getting out of debt and the little one is having a blast.  Things are good. 
Contrary to the beliefs of others.
It is so irritating to do what we feel God has called us to do and to continue getting flack for it.  But, as I type that, I remember once again, that following Him is not always easy.  But, it is always good.
The time that we have spent apart, (due to my traveling) has been great for us!  We are continuing to learn how to communicate and how to function as one.  It is a learning process, but a learning process that we are improving.  We didn't plan or ask to have this crazy last year.  It has been hard, but the results are worth it.  We are much closer as a husband and wife than we were a year ago.  We would have never planned it, but it just proves once again that God's plans are WAY better than anything we could come up with. 

1 comment:

  1. oooo. I want one of those trees!!! :D

    Yeah, people just generally should butt out, mind their own business. I concur.

    ReplyDelete