Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 25, 2010

Grateful? Today?

Sometimes, I wonder...how can I be grateful on a day like this?
Many times people ask me...why are you happy on a bad day?  Why be grateful when things aren't going well?
Sometimes, although I really do have a good answer, I can't seem to find it.
But, on other days I can and I do.  On other days, I remember that it's not all about me.  It's about so much more.
It's about more than the missed flights, icky hotel rooms, tummy aches, sore throats, test grades under 95, missed moments with my little one,  burned briskets, papers due in an hour, flat tires, rude drivers, stubbed toes, arguments, wondering where we will live in a week, bills, ill-mannered people and life in general.
It's about Him.
It's about remembering who created me and why He did it.
Remembering He created me for His glory.
His Glory.
With that in mind, I will strive to be grateful in all things.  When I am unhappy, I will find something good. Something to thank Him for...it is in finding those things that I direct my gaze back to him.  It is in finding those things that I work to stop being selfish, to stop sulking in my own mire, to stop making it all about me and will instead, turn to Him. He is the only one who can get me out of this mess called life, so it is to Him I will run.
I know that I can only feel one emotion at a time, so I will choose to feel grateful.

grateful for...
429.  phone calls with my mum, she loves me regardless...she reminds me that He knows where we will live next week and He will let us know when the time is right.
430.  silence from the realtor.  I'm praying "no news is good news"
431.  brothers who will drive their massive gas-guzzling truck to come move our belongings
432.  a sweet friend who slips an encouraging e-mail into my inbox
433.  acorns falling on my head, reminding me of many fun childhood memories
434.  the end of a school quarter and the beginning of the next...

holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog design...stopping over from the Gratitude Community.

    ReplyDelete