Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, June 10, 2011

tonight

Tonight I am in North Carolina at a retreat hosted by Christa Wells, Nicole Witt and Ann Voskamp. I'm pretty excited about being here - even if I did come to the retreat all by myself!
I'm also excited that I was able to see my little sister Jenia last night and that we will be able to sneak in a little shopping tomorrow night before I head back home.
The trees here in North Carolina are REALLY tall. I like it. It seems to make the nighttime animal noises just that much cooler. That, or I'm crazy. Either options are totally plausible.
I so enjoyed getting to hear Ann speak...she is such an encourager, and I love that! I realized tonight that she is pretty much my virtual mentor - if that is even possible... :)
And the music session tonight with Christa and Nicole was great. They are both blessed with some pretty amazing talents. It was such fun to be in the room and sing along all of the awesome ladies who were able to come to the retreat.
I know that tomorrow is going to be even better!

Thankful for:
encouraging words (505)
praise songs (506)
tall {really tall} trees (507)
crickets and bullfrogs at night (508)
junebugs (509)
the way the moon sneaks through the trees (510)
fellowship with Godly women (511)
My "tart and sweet Island treat" from Trader Joes - Green Mango (512)
The USB plug that charges my iPhone in my attention grabbing rental. (513)
The obvious reminder from God to not speed - a bright red mustang as a rental. (I reserved a compact car, but there weren't any clean ones readily available, so the kind young man was excited to upgrade me to the mustang. I smiled and said thank you, while I cringed inside.) (514)
The mere fact that I have finally recorded more than 500 gifts - Obviously, I'm still learning to recognize and write them down... (515)

No comments:

Post a Comment