Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm getting better...

It has only been a week since my last post. Much better than the month before! Life is getting hectic, but I prefer hectic, so no worries.
I'm back working, Daniel is busy working at the church and studying his classes and Gus is learning to make lots of noise. (and kick everything in sight)

This week, I was blessed to get to spend some time with my sweet friend Jennifer and her baby Sophie. Such fun was had at the expense of 2 - 5 month old babies. Augustus and Sophie are going to be such great buddies! (blessing 23)

I am so grateful for friends that are there through thick and thin... Jennifer is such a great friend and a blessing in my life. I'm excited to see what fun God has in store for us!

Augustus is at Camp Mimi and I am off to Oklahoma for work tomorrow. I am thankful for my parents. (blessing 24,25)
They are so helpful with Augustus - taking him at a moments notice and just "throwing" him into their life. I am so thankful for their love of children and ability to make anyone a part of their homelife instantly. I love that no matter what is going on, they take him as their own. I guess they do this because I am one of their own - Gus must get in based on my credentials. :) Then again, they do this with any kid - kids pretty much get in with my parents based on God's credentials - which is such a cool thing. I am so thankful that my parents raised me to know that family is the most important. Period.
I love that he is able to spend days with them and is able to be influenced by their godly, calm and laid-back ways. Although life at Verdepais Ranch is always insane and everything changes with the wind - Mom and Dad are able to remain calm and know that it will work out. (while remaining to smile)
I've learned so many things from them and I pray that I am able to teach Gus the same:
  • With God everything is possible.
  • Trust is priceless.
  • Life is life.
  • Things could always be worse.
  • When everything is crazy - remain calm - it will get better.
  • You are stuck with family - whether you like it or not.
  • This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
I'm thankful for the lessons learned (blessing 26) and looking forward to learning more...

No comments:

Post a Comment