Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 9, 2009

Blessing 54 - 58

Wow...Today has been a day!

I'm at the corporate office training some new employees today and tomorrow. Things have gone well and we are in discussion for the future of my job.

good. very good. God is very good.

(54) I'm thankful for my job. I enjoy my job and I enjoy the people I work with on a daily basis.

(55&56) I'm thankful for my paycheck and thankful for my insurance (even if it is COBRA)

(57) I'm thankful that I chose to trust God when they decided to eliminate my position when I was 5 months pregnant.
It was pretty hard to go to work with a smile on my face knowing that I was now having to make a $600.00 COBRA payment (while taking more than a 50% pay cut).
It was even harder when the stress from my job being eliminated threw me into complete bed rest.
And even harder when complete bed rest wasn't enough and Gus had to evacuate his comfy home 6 weeks early.
But, GOD is awesome and everything worked out well. I have a great, funny, healthy kiddo who brightens my day!


(58) I'm thankful for miracles! We have been praying for a sweet baby boy named Stellan. He has had some rough patches in his short, yet fun-filled life!

Recently, he has been dealing with his SVT and has had a rough time doing so... Last week, he and his mama traveled to Boston so that he could receive treatment and quite probably surgery on his heart.

Today, he was very unstable and at one point they even had to use a crash cart. They were not able to completely stabilize him, but decided he could not wait any longer. They took him in for surgery.

Talk about tough. I can't imagine being his mama. I was having a hard enough time just reading her updates. Just reading what she was going through. I can't even comprehend what she was feeling. I know how I felt when Gus was living in the NICU after he was born.

It was hard. I was helpless.

I can't imagine how those feeling must be even stronger once you have spent a year loving on and getting to know your sweet baby.

But...

we serve and UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING God and Stellan is now SVT free!

His doctors were able to perform an ablation to his heart and thankfully, God gave them some amazing clarity during that surgery. They made some interesting decisions that led to a complete home run for Stellan.

If you want to know more about Stellan and his very cool family, check out his Mama's blog at www.mycharmingkids.net


So, today was crazy. Busy training at the corporate office. Busy waiting on updates on Stellan. Busy worrying. Busy praying.

Waiting was hard.

But it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment