Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is there a dog under there?

I love my dogs.


All of them. (144-148)


I love that my bother loaned me some amazing "show" clippers. (149)  The really great ones that he uses to make the cows "nice and pretty" right before he shows them.  When he first loaned me the clippers,  I immediately walked outside and used them to trim a few knots off of Nelsen.


Nelsen was not amused.


Nelsen is rarely amused.  He had a bad life before he came to our family, so we tend to let his grumpiness slide...


It started raining, (while trying to trim Nelsen) so I put the clippers in their beautiful case and haven't touched them since.


Due to my haphazard grooming, this is Nelsen's current state:


Thankfully, he enjoys lounging around and sleeping.


The problem?
He is starting to get rambunctious.  I'm not so fond of the rambunctious.


Especially on Nelsen.


My mom had a belief that long hair around your eyes could cause bad attitudes to flourish.  As kids, she always kept our hair trimmed and out of our face.  If we got in trouble, you can bet there would be a "bang trimming" in our near future!


All that to say, I'm going to have to finish the grooming fairly soon.  Maybe this weekend?  I'm not looking forward to it.  I'm hoping that I still have my hands and arms intact by the time I'm finished.


But, thankfully, I have some really great "show" clippers


and


I love my dogs, even Nelsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment