Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Pioneer Woman Rocks!


Tonight, I made my first recipe by The Pioneer Woman.  
All I can say is 

wow.      
yum.     
visit her here - now.


She has some amazing pictures and delicious recipes.  My favorite is that the delicious recipes include the amazing pictures.  Makes the recipes easy to follow.


Tonight we had Monday Night Stir Fry

again - yum.
  
Seeing as how my husband and I watched Food Inc. the other night, I was nervous grocery shopping today.  It's hard to shop for meats and veggies after watching that movie.  That being said, you need to watch the movie.  It will change how and where you buy foods.  I've decided that we are going to make the move to buying more local foods.  We already try to eat fairly organic, but we are going to step it up a notch.


Ok, so I got a little sidetracked with my Food, Inc. rant.  It's late and it's my last night with my baby boy before a week long work trip, so please cut me some slack.  

Blessings:
  •  the tangy, spicy flavor of freshly grated ginger (181)
  •  the crispiness of sugar snap peas  (182)
  •  the flavor that butter adds to stir-fried chicken (183)
  • the smell of onions and garlic sauteing  (184)
  • fun and fellowship with my family    (185)
  • the sharpness of Cutco knives - this was helpful when my husband accidentally left a plastic bowl on top of a hot burner (186) 
  • being able to cook with my baby (187) 
  • pedicures - about the best thing to ever happen to my feet! (188)
  • the creativeness of my siblings - they never cease to amaze me!  (189)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment