Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!

So, it's groundhog day and I'm hearing that he has decided that we will have 6 more weeks of winter.


I'm not a fan.  Evidently, I read the Chronicles of Narnia too much as a child.


I landed in Norman, Oklahoma last night.  The trees were covered in ice - gorgeous. (blessing 211) The ground was covered in snow - pretty. (blessing 212)  gorgeous and pretty, in a "Narnia Winter" sort of way.  I was just waiting for my shuttle driver to turn into the White Witch's right hand man.  It was a long shuttle ride. 


Thankfully, I made it to my hotel without being whisked away to a castle whose yard is full of statues...Although there is one animal statue outside my hotel.  I just looked the other way and walked quickly into the lobby.


Safe and sound.
No white witch.
No Turkish Delights.
I didn't turn into a statue.


Today, the sun came out for a bit and the white winter started melting away.  And it was beautiful. (blessing 213)


It just wasn't soon enough for the groundhog...

No comments:

Post a Comment