Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

where did this week go?

Somehow, it is Wednesday.  Tomorrow is the "Friday" of my work week.  I'm not sure where this week went, but I know that it was eventful.

Sunday, my car caught on fire.  While I was in it.  The rear light unit somehow feel out into my trunk area and the wires caught on fire.  I had a cardboard box in the back that caught on fire too.  It was ridiculous.

I was getting ready to go home and was telling my parents goodbye.  I kept smelling an electrical fire smell, but we couldn't figure out where it was coming from...  I thought I was seeing smoke, but neither of my parents could see it.  We looked under the hood, checked the temp and finally decided that it was safe and I should go ahead and leave.

We were slightly wrong.

As I was driving away, the electrical fire smell turned into a backyard fire smell.  (I think this was about the time that the box caught on fire)  The scent was getting worse as I kept driving.  I looked in my rearview mirror and all I could see was smoke.  I immediately decided that no matter what we had previously decided, things were not good.  I pulled into a parking lot and stopped my car.  I opened that back door to see my chipper little one laughing at me and semi-coughing while smoke was pouring out the door.  I was not amused.  I could see that the smoke was coing from the trunk, so I held the little one as far away as I could and opend the trunk slowly.  (It was about this time that I decided that maybe I should not have ever watched Backdraft.)  moving on...

As I opened the trunk, I saw flames to the left.  I saw and HEARD my puppies on the right.  They wanted out of the car and away from the fireball.  I sat my little one down, pulled out the crate, grabbed the box that was on fire and proceeded to act like a crazy person.  To me, it wasn;t crazy - I knew that there was a bottle of flamable liquid in the box that was on fire and I did not feel like loosing my skin to a burn.

My parents came to get us and we left my 'bad" little car in the parking lot.  Although my dad said that he found the problem and that it should be safe to drive, I wasn't going to have any part of that idea.  So, we waited for my brave husband to come get the car and drive it 1.5 hours to a city that has a shop that will repair my lovely import of a car.  My parents live in a city that prefers domestic.  Prefers, meaning they will only work on and sell parts for cars that are made in the US.  My poor little VW does not feel the love in my parents town.

So - after that as a beginning, the rest of my week has somewhat melted together.  Oh, and on top of the car issues, my husband's grandmother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and had surgery today.  The surgery went well, but due to some complications, the healing process in the hopsital is going to be longer than expected.  Thankfully, we know that God has all of this in His hands - what a great thing to have Him to lean on in weeks such as these.

Just a few of the blessings this week:

  • Melted plastic, smoke damage and expensive repairs to my car - such a blessing becuase it could have been so much worse.
  • The Orange Star plant that I bought for my husbands grandma - I'm not sure I've ever seen such a pretty color of orange.
  • Nutella.  no explanation necessary
  • Good Friday.  I love that I have the day off from work and I love that Jesus loves me enough to have gone through that awful day - and I love that He would have still done it, even if I had been the only person on Earth.
  • The Lion hat that I bought for my son...I can't wait to see it on him tomorrow.  He is just so stinkin cute.
  • My nieces - we had such fun playing at Mimi and Papa Joes this weekend.  Easter egg hunts, candy eating, picture taking - it just doesn't get much better than this.
  • Metro Volkswagen - they repaired my car quickly and they were wonderfully nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment