Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

what I've been up to...

To sum it up in a few words - going crazy.

My little one will be ONE in 17 days!  I can't even begin to imagine how much fun we are going to continue having as he gets older...  I still haven't totally decided on when and where his birthday party will be - it's looking like we are going to have 2 - one in Houston and one in the 'ville.  It is becoming too complicated to make it all happen in one place.  One thing I do know is that he will have a rainbow cake.  And, I already baked it!  All 6 layers!  Wrapped in freezer wrap and placed in the deep freeze.  Patiently awaiting me to rescue it from the freezer and slather it in yummy cream cheese icing. (Now, I know that those of you who know me well are now on the floor choking, seeing as how getting things done ahead of time is not normally in my DNA.  It's ok.  I'm trying something new - don't hold you breath, I'm not sure how long it will last.)

Easter was quite fun.  The little one and I went to my parents for the weekend and most of my siblings were able to come as well.  My husband was able to make it up from Houston on Sunday afternoon!  My sister and her two adorable blondies were not able to make it, but we hunted for extra eggs and ate more sweets in honor of them.  Next year we are hoping to have everyone together!

Besides baking and Easter egg hunting, I've been busy working!  The office this week, New Jersey next week, Oklahoma the following week and then finally, back home.  It should be an interesting few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment